Website Manager Admin
Please review general WordPress documentation, specifically the Editing section, prior to reviewing your specific documentation below.
Note: Default page layout is set as “left sidebar right content” so that new member pages are easily established.
Because the default page layout is set for the Member Profiles, when creating a new general three-column page, show “Layout Settings” under Screen Options above right, and select the three-column layout with the wide center column.
Recognize that new upper level pages may adversely affect navigation menu display; plan accordingly and view updates for fit on multiple devices.
New pages will require choice(s) of existing sidebar or new sidebar.
New pages may be created “under” a parent page at right in Page Attributes if subject matter is similar and if additional keywords are desired in the URL. Sub-level is sensible when the page will also be placed under a parent in dropdown nav. Sub-level is also handy for organization in the pages list.
Seminars and Conferences page specific instructions:
- Use “Shift Enter” for a single line break (rather than paragraph)
- (Year is “Heading 3” and includes an ID that works with the left nav; ask me to set up new years or fix them once you add)
- Seminar Title: place cursor within and select “Heading 4” (from Paragraph dropdown)
- Date: highlight and select bold italics
Images can be modified/scaled/cropped within the Media Gallery.
Home page slide show images render at 956 x 300. Most originals are 1200 x 375 or 1059 x 330. If they are (still) not the correct aspect ratio, they will be (further) cropped when added to slide show in MetaSlider.
Right column images render at 225px wide.
Profile images render at 500px wide.
Set up the new profile within WordPress admin:
- (If not already an ISTFP member,) add a new “User” with a) established protocol (lower case) first initial last name, and b) assign their “role” as Author. Check the box NOT to send an email. Edit the user, add name, (new) assign password, select visibly displayed name, Save.
- Add a new “Member.”
- With first and last name as “Title” and in corresponding fields. This establishes a) hyphenated URL such as https://www.tfpny.com/member/barry-stern/ and b) nav link in the Who We Are sidebar.
- Assign the corresponding user/author login at the bottom of the page.
- Add Featured Image if available.
- Save as Draft, upper right.
Send the new member an introductory email (such as my sample sent by email) with (changed procedure #1):
Subject: TFPNY members welcome note
We are happy to welcome you to the TFP-New York website. As we already have a photo of you to upload to the site, I’ve included below only the instructions you will need to fill out your profile for your entry in the “Who We Are” section of the site.
To establish your profile please follow the instructions listed below on your desktop or laptop computer, NOT on a mobile device.
- Go to: https://www.tfpny.com/documentation/member-admin/. Please read the instructions carefully and thoroughly before editing.
- Best if you do this on a computer or laptop, NOT a phone or tablet.
- Login in a separate tab or window so the instructions in #1 remain handy in another window, https://www.tfpny.com/wp-admin.
Your username is:
Pw that you may change if desired:
Sidebars (found at Appearances > Widgets)
Note: the Member post type utilizes the default sidebar.
Standard Sidebars appear first. Custom sidebars appear last. Custom sidebars are:
- created within Genesis > Simple Sidebars,
- populated with Widgets within Appearances > Widgets, and
- specified within specific Pages at right within Sidebar Selection. (If you get the right and left column mixed up, just fix it until the page looks correct.)
Not used. Would be for News.
Saved Material for Mod and Re-use
One-year introductory TFP training & consultation course
The course will cover the basic principles and techniques of TFP. Instructors will illustrate these principles through both lectures and the presentation of their own clinical work. In the second half of the year participants will present cases from their practice.
34 sessions, starting September, 2022 and running through June, 2023.
- Weekly, Zoom-based, 90-minute sessions
- Wednesdays, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Eligibility: Open to licensed Psychiatrists, Ph.D.’s, PsyD’s, & LCSW’s
- Fee: $3,000
- Instructors: Monica Carsky, Ph.D., & Joanna Bird, M.D.
- Application deadline July 15, 2022
Application: Please submit application via e-mail to Dr. Barry L. Stern with a copy of current licensure, malpractice insurance, an updated CV, two letters of reference who can speak to your clinical work. Please direct any questions to Dr. Barry L. Stern.
TFP case consultation groups
34 sessions, starting September, 2023 and running through June, 2024.
- Weekly, Zoom-based meetings, 60-minute sessions
- Tuesdays, 10 – 11 a.m. (Kevin Meehan and Barry L. Stern)
- Fridays 2 – 3 p.m. (Jill Delaney & Peter Freed)
- Monday 1 – 2 p.m. (Eugenia Cherkasskaya & Eric Fertuck)
- Eligibility: Open to licensed Psychiatrists, Ph.D.’s, PsyD’s, & LCSW’s who have completed a formal TFP training program (didactics & consultation) and/or have obtained extensive TFP private supervision.
- Fee: $2,400
- Application deadline July 15, 2021
Application: Please submit application via e-mail to Dr. Stern with a copy of current licensure, malpractice insurance, an updated CV, and two references from individuals who can speak to your clinical work. Please direct any questions to Dr. Barry L. Stern.